Welcome to Royal Brunei Airlines Career Opportunities.
At Royal Brunei Airlines, we believe in taking care of not only our customers and stakeholders but our employees as well. We recognise our employees as our greatest assets.
Experience diversity in the workplace, a passion for serving our customers, and learning how, as the National Carrier of Brunei Darussalam, we promote the same values that symbolise the “Abode of Peace”. As part of our diverse team, you will have the opportunity to work with professional and dynamic colleagues while developing your own career path.
Find out more about the career opportunities we offer, the multi-faceted areas of our business, and our community.
At Royal Brunei Airlines, we welcome you to bring your talents, your interests, and your ideas onboard.
Vice President - Public Relations and Internal Communications
Royal Brunei Airlines is looking for a commercially driven leader for our newly introduced Vice President – Public Relations and Internal Communications position. If you are up for the challenge of managing all external public relations activities, keeping our most important asset – our people – engaged, advancing our employer value proposition and introducing digitally innovative communication strategies we are interested in hearing from you.
The Vice President – Public Relations and Internal Communications
The Vice President Public Relations is responsible for initiating and projecting the positive image and reputation of RB through execution of PR promotional. Accountable for setting standards, providing guidance and establishing and maintaining channels of communication, in line with RB’s brand values. It is essential that RB communicate in a warm, friendly, professional and well-informed manner with anyone who comes into contact with the airline – be it as a guest, stakeholder, the public, media or member of staff. Messages need to be consistent, appropriate to the audience’s needs and make people aware of how they can make their voice heard.
Key Primary Responsibilities
- To manage and oversee the implementation of RB’s internal and external communications strategy that builds and protects the reputation and brand of RB. Achieve this through proactive and reactive communication strategies and action plan, using an integrated set of tools and channels whilst ensuring alignment with RB’s communication objectives
- To develop and execute an effective external and internal communications strategy including employee engagement strategy to ensure all key stakeholders, including staff and general public, are connected and effectively informed
- To oversee overall domestic and outstation communication activities, within corporate and media, and the staff in reporting line.
- To plan, draft and review of budget whilst ensuring PRR activities and events are in lined with approved budget
- To oversee editorial for corporate communications, internal communications, Muhibah magazine including corporate and tactical ads.
- Research and write major group publications. Publish quarterly Corporate Update, distributed online to high-level stakeholders across the global network. Liaise with designers, auditors and other external groups as necessary to shape reports/publications and verify compliance and standards. Write pieces for major publications on behalf of the CEO. Support Internal Communications function in CEO and chief officer-level staff messages. Provide editing and writing assistance to Media Relations team for major strategic announcements as required
- To provide counsel and advise as and when appropriate on all aspects of internal communications ensuring consistent & quality messaging, and ensuring corporate strategy is understood while driving up levels of staff engagement. Achieving this through a coordinated approach to communications
- To manage major internal communication projects with reporting to Chief and CEO level on tone, style, content and delivery of communications
- To oversee RB internal communication content including Staff Notice, Suara Mesra, RB Media and myRB when necessary – vetting quarterly CEO Message and newsfeed
- To oversee the coordination and execution of external communications activities and events, including but not limited to, project planning, event management, media management and content development
- Provide strategic public relations and communications advise including to work closely with relevant stakeholders to ensure consistent messaging and high quality communication are achieved through a coordinated approach
- To develop media communication strategy that builds, enhance and protect RB brand and public image
- To develop and manage a media engagement strategy and build relationships with key media acting as the point of contact and with responsibility for handling all media enquiries and proactive media communication
- Coordinate media briefings and assess other opportunities for media engagement to build closer relationship with media
PR communication support
- Manage effectively the day-to-day relationship with approved PR agency, including evaluation of performance against brief and budget
- To work closely with Commercial team and to provide, in conjunction with approved PR agency, on-the-ground communication support and achieve deliverables
Assess and advise on speech opportunities and on suitable speaking topics for the CEO and, where appropriate, Chief Officers. Undertake liaison with representatives of external organizations with regard to briefings for the CEO and senior executives on speech requirements and logistics. Research, write and edit speeches. Prepare briefing notes for the CEO. Prepare PowerPoint slides for CEO presentation
Comply with public relation service standards
Set, maintain and continuously review standards of personal customer service offered internally and externally – focus is on style, availability, timeliness of communication, quality of information prepared and channels of communication that are developed and maintained. Monitor departmental activity and contribute to balance the team’s overall workload where required. Contribute to team meetings, business planning and strategy sessions
Key skills (competencies) required:
- Bachelor’s degree in Communication, public relations, social media marketing
- At least 10 years’ experience in PR agency/media/journalism/event management experience is required, ideally with an aviation/aerospace background.
- Strong executive management and leadership skills with ability to work in culturally diverse work environment across multiple Countries
- Event management (including advanced planning and organizing)
- Media and Community management and Photo/Video editing
Key qualities (attributes) required:
- Extensive knowledge of communications – primarily of media relations but also of internal communications, PR agency management and crisis communications
- First class ability to write, edit, design and produce communication related aspects
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience of handling internal and external communications during major incidents
- Confidence in dealing with internal and external stakeholders
- Strong knowledge of the industry, the airline, its operations commercially, corporate and financially sensitive issues
- Ability to brief journalists confidently
Qualified candidates must send a complete updated resume; include the work experience detailing key responsibilities, one passport photo with references HRBP-FZI/AD/02-2019/VP-PRIC to People & Performance Division, Simpur Builiding, Jalan Kustin, RB Campus or email to [email protected] before 10 August 2019. Only Shortlisted candidate will be contacted for an interview.
A320 Captain and First Officers
Royal Brunei Airlines A320 Rated and Non-Rated Captains and First Officers
Royal Brunei (RB), the national carrier of Brunei Darussalam, is inviting applications for the position of A320 Captains and First Officers. Rated and non-Rated Captains and First Officers who meet the minimum qualifications are invited to apply.
Royal Brunei offers a highly competitive remuneration package tailored for expatriates who seek a peaceful and family oriented lifestyle based in Brunei Darussalam where cost of living is significantly low. The “TAX FREE” remuneration package comprises of cash and non-cash elements including a generous amount of leave.
|Captain – Rated on A320||Captain – NON-Rated on A320|
Maximum Age 60 Years on start of employment with RB
Maximum Age 55 Years on start of employment with RB
|First Officer – Rated on A320||First Officer – NON-Rated on A320|
Current Class 1 Medical
Current Class 1 Medical
- Accommodation allowances provided
- Education assistance allowance provided up to a maximum of three children studying locally and/or overseas
- Leave* – 48 calendar days of leave entitlement per year
- Medical – Medical leave entitlement of 14 days per calendar year. There is also Outpatient and Hospitalisation reimbursement available for spouse and children
- Insurance – RB provides for Loss of License Insurance, Group Personal Accident & Travel, Group Hospital & Surgery and Workmen’s Compensation Insurance Preferential rates for additional coverage of spouse and children are also available
- Privilege Travel* – Staff travel benefits available
- Contract and school passage benefits
- Car Loan* – Interest free car loan available (max repayment period of 36 months)
- Airport parking
- Gratuity pay out upon completion of contract at 25% of basic salary & expatriate allowance
- NON-Rated Captain and First Officer can expect to be bonded for 3 years
Please note that the above is subject to change without prior notice.
* Contractual terms shall be based on individual performance and relevant work experience.
* Employment terms shall be in accordance with RB Employment Regulations.
Kindly email your completed applications to [email protected], together with the following required documents:
- ATPL (frozen ATPL for First Officers) with English Proficiency Certificate Level 6
- Latest two A320 Family or Glass Cockpit Jet Aircraft License Proficiency Check (LPC)
- Latest Class 1 Medical
- Last Two Pages of Current Logbook
- Current Passport
- Passport Photograph
- Reference Letters
Read more about our Pilot Recruitment Information.