Health Information on Respiratory Infections
April 6, 2017
Please read the following health information carefully.
Travelers are advised to take the following precautions:
- Wash hands frequently with soap and water. Dry hands after washing with a clean towel or hand drier. Use antimicrobial gel/hand wipes in the absence of handwashing facilities.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth to prevent spread of infection.
- Avoid going to crowded places.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid contact with birds/poultry, or surfaces that have been in contact with animals particularly in affected areas.
- Avoid consumption of raw meat and poultry and ensure these foods are thoroughly cooked before eating.
- Cover your mouth and nose with tissue when coughing or sneezing and dispose properly.
- Consult a doctor immediately if you are sick or have the following symptoms, especially after travelling to affected areas:
- Shortness of breath
- Defer travel if you are sick.
- If you are sick, wear a mask and keep your distance from others to protect them getting sick too.