Extra Baggage Allowance Award
Royal Skies members may redeem for extra baggage allowance. No voucher is required to claim for your extra baggage allowance. Don’t exactly know how much extra baggage weight you’ll be checking in?
- It’s easy with the Royal Skies Extra Baggage Allowance, as the mileage required for redemption is based on one-way travel on blocks of 10 kilograms.
- Allowance of extra baggage is limited per member, so do book your award in advance to avoid disappointment.
- Please use the Mileage Calculator to calculate mileage accrual/upgrades/flight & baggage allowance awards
To Redeem for Extra Baggage Allowance
- Refer to the Extra Baggage Allowance calculator to determine the amount of miles required for your desired award.
- Ensure that you have sufficient miles in your account for the award of your choice
- Submit your Extra Baggage Allowance a minimum of five (5) working days prior to date of departure
- You may submit your request by
1. Logging into your Royal Skies account online and submit the online Extra Baggage Allowance form
2. Download the Extra Baggage Allowance redemption form from the website and email the completed form to [email protected]
3. Visit a Royal Brunei Airlines Office near you for assistance
- Your redeemed extra baggage allowance will be stated in your booking itinerary.
- An email confirmation will be sent to member’s email to be presented upon check in
Conditions for Extra Baggage Allowance
- Redemption of Extra Baggage Allowance can only be issued to the Royal Skies member travelling on Royal Brunei Airlines flights only
- Extra Baggage Allowance can also be redeemed by nominees.
- A minimum of 10 kilograms and a maximum of 100 kilograms are allowed for redemption.
- Additional weight will be charges as normal excess baggage charges.
A total maximum of 100 kilograms is allowed for redemption per member. Extra Baggage Allowance redemption may not be available on all flights at all times. Extra Baggage Allowance may still be available for sale, but not available for Royal Skies redemption. Members are advised to book well in advance for popular destinations and/or for peak season travel.
- Maximum weight allowed is 32 kilograms per luggage.
- Award redemption for extra baggage allowance is based on blocks of 10kg.
- Mileage redemption for baggage allowance is based on one-way travel on all Royal Brunei Airlines marketed and operated flights.
- Extra baggage allowance cannot be redeemed on code share flights.
- Redemption rate is the same for all classes of travel.
- Partially or wholly unused redemption for extra baggage allowance is non-refundable, non-transferable and cannot be re-deposited or re-instated.
- Changes in flight sectors due to other than Royal Brunei Airlines operational requirements will require that the member request for a new redemption according to the new sectors. Please check the Extra Baggage Allowance Calculator for the new mileage requirement.
- Changes in date of departures for the same itinerary do not require the member to request for a new redemption.
- Normal Checked Baggage Acceptance conditions apply.
- Royal Skies terms and conditions apply.