Mobile Boarding Pass available for passengers departing from Brunei International Airport
8 April 2017, 12:23 PM
Effective 3rd April 2017, mobile boarding pass is available upon a successful mobile check-in from passengers’ own personal handheld devices. The mobile boarding pass initiative will encourage paperless travel. By having travel documents all in one personal hand held device passengers opting to use mobile boarding passes are advised to have sufficient battery power on their preferred handheld mobile devices as it is a requirement to show and scan their mobile boarding passes to pass through security, Immigration and boarding gate at the Brunei International Airport.
For a mobile boarding pass:
- Online/Mobile check-in is open 48 hours before scheduled departure.
- Passenger are required to check-in using their personal handheld mobile devices, at their
- convenience, on www.flyroyalbrunei.com
- Upon a successful check-in, Android users have the option to save their mobile boarding pass as an image while Apple iOS users can add to the Wallet app.
- Upon arriving at the Brunei International Airport, passengers without checked-in baggage may proceed straight to the departure gate.
- Luggage drop-off acceptance and online/mobile check-in closes 45 minutes prior to scheduled departure time for all destinations, except London which will close 60 minutes (one hour) prior to scheduled departure time.
- Each passenger is required to display their mobile boarding pass on their personal handheld mobile devices with their passport and other relevant travel documents for Security, Immigration and Boarding checks.
“We are delighted to embark on this new innovative for our passengers. Passenger will have the opportunity to travel seamlessly out of Bandar Seri Begawan to their respective destination without any printed papers. We would like to thank all relevant authorities especially Brunei Darussalam Department of Civil Aviation, for their support towards this project.” said Mr Karam Chand, Chief Executive Officer of RB.
The technology has been widely used in airports likes London, Dubai, Kuala Lumpur, Kota Kinabalu, Bangkok and Hong Kong. Kindly note certain points of embarkations are not equipped with Mobile Boarding Pass facilities. You may visit at Mobile Check-In for further info on the Mobile Check in and Mobile Phone Boarding pass.