Service Charge for Customer Service Centre Bookings within Brunei
25 March 2021, 9:21 AM
Following industry practice and to reflect changes in how guests are buying airline tickets, Royal Brunei Airlines (RB) will be introducing a service charge for booking and ticketing services performed by its customer service and call centre effective 1st April 2021.
All RB appointed travel agents within Brunei Darussalam will also apply the service charge for any sales and tickets issued purchased through their respective agencies.
The service charge is applied according to the destination and itinerary consultancy services provided upon successful ticket issuance per booking per guest made as below:
Kota Kinabalu, Kuching, Ho Chi Minh City, Manila
Bangkok, Hong Kong, Kuala Lumpur, Singapore, Beijing, Shanghai, Hangzhou, Haikou, Changhsa, Nanning, Taipei, Jakarta, Surabaya
Dubai, Seoul, London, Melbourne, Tokyo
*Fees and rates may change without prior notice.
Note: A standard Service Charge of BND30 will apply for ticket cancellation, reissue and refund, plus any other fare and tax differences and RB Penalty Fee (if any) per ticket. Other terms and conditions may apply.
For more information, please contact +673 221 2222.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
1. When do we know there is a Service Charge incurred?
Effective from 1st April 2021, a Service Charge will be applied on your ticket purchase at RB Customer Service Centre and/or Call Centre; and at all RB Authorized Travel Agencies within Brunei.
2. Is the Service Charge amount standard on all ticket purchase?
No, the Service Charge applies to per ticket issuance and the charge is determined by the travel destinations you selected.
3. Is the Service Charge refundable when I decide not to travel?
No, the Service Charge is non-refundable due to the services rendered on consultancy over itineraries, flight hours, airport information etc.
4. If I purchase 4 return tickets through Call Centre over one call with seats in economy cabin to Kota Kinabalu, how much will the service charge be?
Total Service Charge at BND80 as BND20 per ticket transaction issued to you and your friends or family.
5. Is the Service Charge imposed on my seat reservation before ticketing?
No, the Service Charge will only be quoted during your reservation. The total charge will be included in the ticketed fare and taxes upon ticket issue only.
6. Can I purchase the website fare through RB Call Centre or CSC Counter and pay a Service Charge?
No, the website fare is only available at www.flyRB.com. No Service Charge will be incurred when you purchase directly from the website yourself.
7. If I decided to cancel my ticket of the first itinerary purchased, is there a Service Charge imposed when I rebook or refund my ticket?
Yes, we will charge a standard rate of BND30 regardless of destinations to help reissue or refund your ticket to the next available date plus other fare or tax differences and RB penalty fee (if any).
8. I am a Royal Skies member, is there any Service Charge when I redeem a Flight Award?
No, with your accumulated earned miles, you may redeem a flight award online at www.flyRB.com/royalskies.
9. If I purchase tickets for a minimum of 10 Adults, is there any Service Charge?
No, we have included all the necessary charges while issuing Group Tickets hence no further Service Charge is included.
10. If I purchase a ticket from RB Travel Agents, is the Service Charge the same as RB is applying?
Yes, Travel Agents will apply the same Service Charge as stipulated in the table above.