Royal Brunei Airlines offers you the option to pre-purchase your preferred seating. Please note that some seats may be unavailable, as it may have been pre-purchased by other passengers.
Some seats allocated under the preferred seats rows can be fitted with basinets suitable for infants up to 24 months, and with a weight limit of 10 kilograms. Seats fitted with a bassinet are limited and families with infants are recommended to purchase preferred seating areas in advance.
If you have any questions regarding your booking or have special requests due to medical conditions, please call us at +673 221 2222.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What are preferred seats?
Preferred seats are seats located at the front of the Economy Class cabin and Exit Rows depending on the aircraft type. Please note this is available only on Royal Brunei operated flights. Below is the list of seat row numbers.
21A, 21B, 21C, 21H, 21J, 21K
22A, 22B, 22C, 22H, 22J, 22K
23A, 23B, 23C, 23H, 23J, 23K
26A, 26B, 26C, 26H, 26J, 26K
Bassinet Seat 26A, 26K
|A320-NEO||21A, 21B, 21C, 21H, 21J, 21K
22A, 22B, 22C, 22H, 22J, 22K
23A, 23B, 23C, 23H, 23J, 23K
Bassinet Seat 21A, 21K
26A, 26B, 26C, 26D, 26E, 26G, 26H, 26J, 26K
27A, 27B, 27C, 27D, 27E, 27G, 27H, 27J, 27K
28A, 28B, 28C, 28D, 28E, 28G, 28H, 28J, 28K
29A, 29B, 29C, 29D, 29E, 29G, 29H, 29J, 29K
30A, 30B, 30C, 30D, 30E, 30G, 30H, 30J, 30K
42D, 42E, 42G, 43B, 43C, 43H, 43J
Bassinet Seat 26A, 26D/G, 26K, 42D/G
Who can purchase preferred seats?
Preferred seats are sold at a first-come-first-serve basis to passengers who have purchased an air ticket on the flight. Anyone is eligible to purchase seats located at front rows. However for emergency exit rows, please refer to the conditions below.
- For Royal Skies Gold members, you may contact your local Royal Brunei Office to book preferred seats free of charge for yourself and one of your travelling companions.
- For Royal Skies Silver members, you may request for preferred seats free of charge during check-in, subject to seats availability.
Who can occupy Preferred Seats located near Emergency Exit Doors?
Purchase of emergency exit row seats are subjected to the flight safety guidelines of Department of Civil Aviation Brunei:
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Fully able-bodied and capable of assisting flight crews during flight emergency
- Able to follow the safety instructions
- Passengers must be in good health at time of check-in, boarding and during flight.
- Not be frail or require assistance during flight emergency
- Not be with any physical or mental impairment or disability to the extent that would make it difficult to move quickly during flight emergency
- Have sufficient visual capacity to perform applicable functions without the assistance of visual aids beyond contact lenses or eyeglasses.
- Have sufficient aural capacity to hear and understand instructions shouted by Flight Attendants without assistance beyond a hearing aid.
- Have the capacity to perform the applicable functions without the assistance of an adult companion, parent, or other relative.
- Not requiring seat belt extension
- Not travelling with children or/and infant
- Not pregnant
Please note for those that do not meet the above requirements, Royal Brunei shall reassign the seats without refunding the fee paid.
Will Preferred Seats be available on all flights?
Yes, it is available on all Royal Brunei operated flights.
How are Preferred Seats charged?
Please refer to the table of charges below.
|Flights originating from||Seat rates|
|Bali||From IDR 203,500|
|Bangkok||From THB 520|
|Brunei||From BND 10|
|Dubai||From AED 140|
|Ho Chi Minh City||From USD 15|
|Hong Kong||From HKD 120|
|Jakarta||From IDR 203,500|
|Jeddah||From SAR 150|
|Kota Kinabalu||From MYR 25|
|Kuala Lumpur||From MYR 50|
|London||From GBP 30|
|Manila||From USD 15|
|Melbourne||From AUD 35|
|Taipei||From TWD 300|
|Seoul||From KRW 8,300|
|Shanghai||From CNY 100|
|Singapore||From SGD 20|
|Surabaya||From IDR 203,500|
For Royal Skies Gold members, you may contact your local Royal Brunei Office to book preferred seats free of charge for yourself and one of your travelling companion.
For Royal Skies Silver members, you may request for preferred seats free of charge during check-in, subject to seats availability.
How can I purchase preferred seats?
You can purchase preferred seats up to 3 days before departure through Manage my Booking or 4 hours prior to scheduled departure through any of RB’s Customer Service Centres.
Can I use my miles to pay for Preferred Seats?
No, you may not as it is currently not available.
If I have purchased a Preferred Seat, can I still change my seat online?
Yes, you may do so online through Manage My Booking or contact your local Royal Brunei Office to change your seat 3 days before departure. You may change your seat to any other available Preferred Seat or you may also change to a non-Preferred Seat, which however there will be no refund for the change. But if you decide to change to a Preferred Seat, you will be charged.
I paid for a Preferred Seat. Can I get a refund or transfer the seat if I cancel or make changes to my booking?
If you have cancelled your booking, fee paid for Preferred Seat(s) will be refunded.
If you made dates changes to your booking, please contact your nearest Royal Brunei Airlines office to have your Preferred Seat rebooked. If the Preferred Seat is no longer available, you will be refunded.
Can I change my seat during online check-in?
Yes, you can. However, you can only change to seats other than the preferred seats and there is no refund if you have already paid for a preferred seat.
I am traveling with an infant. Will I get a Bassinet Seat?
Bassinets are located in the Preferred Seating area. Please see seat map above for location of bassinets. To secure a bassinet seat, you will have to purchase a preferred seat. Bassinets are limited and we recommend contacting your nearest RB office to book a bassinet