Please note: RB Upgrades does not include Business Class baggage allowance of 40kgs, Business Class lounge access and Royal Skies mileage accrual will remain as per original flight booking.
How do I make an RB Upgrades offer?
Check your eligibility
Enter your booking reference number (PNR) and last name
Make an offer
Upgrade to Business Class by submitting an offer at your own price
Check all information is correct
Enter your nominated debit/credit card details
Your nominated debit/credit card will only be charged if your offer is successful.
You will be notified as early as 96 hours before your flight departure
Terms and Conditions
The following definitions shall apply to this Terms and Conditions:-
“Eligible Passenger” refers to the recipient or passenger/s who have made a booking/s and are eligible to make an offer for RB Upgrades;
“Invitation” refers to an invitation that RB extends to the Eligible Passenger to make an Offer;
“Offer” refers to the amount submitted by the Eligible Passenger for RB Upgrades;
“Nominated Credit or Debit Card” refers to the credit/ debit card used by the Eligible Passenger to make payment;
“Sector” refers to the portion of a journey between two consecutive points in an itinerary;
“Upgrade” refers to an opportunity to upgrade from the cabin class that was originally purchased for travel with RB to one cabin class higher.
Royal Brunei Airlines (hereinafter referred to as “RB”) reserves the right in its absolute discretion and without prior notice to determine, change and not disclose the factors, conditions and rules relating to the eligibility for an RB Upgrades offer, which may vary from time to time. The following shall NOT be eligible for RB Upgrades offer:
- Booking with infant;
- Upgrade Offers submitted by person(s) below the legal age of majority in their country of residence at the time the Upgrade Offer is submitted;
- group bookings.
Offers are only eligible on flights operated by RB with tickets under the “BI” prefix at the absolute discretion of RB. RB Upgrades is only available on flights, dates and destinations selected by Royal Brunei in its sole and absolute discretion.
- No Royal Skies miles will be accrued for the Offer in the event Passenger’s Offer has been accepted by RB.
- Only one (1) Offer may be submitted per flight sector in a booking. An Offer may subsequently be cancelled or modified in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
Making an RB Upgrades Offer
Invitation to offer and Making offer
- RB may, in its absolute and sole discretion send an Invitation to Eligible Passenger to make an RB Upgrades Offer.
- RB reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to decide whether or not an Offer is successful, and makes no representation that any Passenger will receive an Upgrade, regardless of whether or not seats are available in the cabin class for which an Offer is made.
- Eligible Passengers are only permitted to submit an Offer from the date on which RB Upgrades Offer begins accepting the submission of Offers until 24 hours prior to the scheduled departure date of the flight segment to which an Offer relates.
Payment will be charged into Passenger’s Nominated Credit or Debit card upon the following:
- Passenger receives an Upgrade Offer acceptance email; and
- A updated e-ticket with upgraded class is issued to each passenger included in Passenger’s original flight booking.
- If for whatever reason the Upgrade cannot be completed successfully, no payment will be charged.
Acceptance of offer
- Receiving an Invitation and/or making an RB Upgrades Offer does not in any way guarantee that the RB Upgrades Offer will be accepted.
- Royal Brunei Airlines makes no representation that any RB Upgrades Offer will be accepted, irrespective of the amount of the RB Upgrades Offer and/ or seat availability.
- Royal Brunei Airlines may accept an Offer at any time during the period it remains a valid Offer. In the event RB selects an Offer as being successful:
- the Passenger will be notified via email and charged the full amount of the Offer; and
- The Passenger will be sent a new itinerary reflecting the Upgrade. The total amount charged includes all applicable pre-payable taxes and fees (if any) for the Upgrade. The total amount to be paid will be disclosed to the Passenger prior to submission of the Offer.
- If the Offer is accepted, the fare conditions applicable to the original ticket will apply to the upgraded ticket.
Cancellation / Changes of Offer
- Passenger may modify or cancel the Upgrade Offer through the hyperlink on the offer acknowledgement email up to 24 hours of Passenger’s scheduled departure time, provided that the Upgrade Offer has not been already accepted by Royal Brunei Airlines and Passenger’s credit card has not been charged.
- However, if Offer is accepted before Passenger cancellation, Passenger is legally bound to complete payment for the price stated in Passenger’s final Offer.
- Passenger is entitled to a refund the event the flight, for which Passenger’s Upgrade Offer was accepted and upgraded, was cancelled by RB.
- Should any refunds be approved, the amount paid for the Upgrade will be refunded to the Nominated Credit or Debit Card that was used to pay for the Upgrade and it will be processed in the currency in which the Upgrade price was charged.
- Upon reimbursement by RB, RB shall have no further liability to Passenger.
- Passenger hereby agrees that to claim a refund, Passenger will submit a written request by sending an email to : reservations.re[email protected] with a scanned copy of the following documents:
- Boarding Pass for the flight in question;
- Confirmation/acknowledgement email notifying that the Upgrade is successful; and
- Any other relevant document
- RB reserves the right to change, alter, amend or cancel any or all of these Terms and Conditions from time to time, without any prior notice. These RB Upgrades Terms and Conditions which apply to an Offer and Upgrade are those applying at the date an Offer is submitted.
- In the event of any inconsistency, ambiguity or conflict between the terms and provisions hereof, the General Conditions of Carriage and the fare conditions, these RB Upgrades Terms and Conditions shall prevail.
- The failure by RB to exercise its rights will not be construed as a waiver or relinquishment of the future performance of any of its rights, and Passenger’s obligations with respect to such future performance shall continue in full force and effect.
- By making an Offer, Passenger expressly acknowledges that Passenger has read and understood the above Terms and Conditions and hereby agrees to the same.