There has been changes with our airport operations around the globe in-line with the current situation. Guests are advised to check with the airport, airline or your preferred travel agent for any changes to airport operations prior to travelling.
Brunei enhanced movement restrictions
According to the Brunei Government’s enhanced movement restrictions until further notice, please be informed that flights on Royal Brunei Airlines past the restricted hours (0000hrs to 0400hrs) remain unaffected.
Guests who are travelling on these flights must:
- Keep a printed or digital flight ticket available for the accompanying driver as proof for the police at any routine checkpoint. The flight must be on the same day.
- Only ONE (1) accompanying driver per car.
- Once at the airport, the accompanying driver will remain in the car.
- The accompanying driver must leave the airport immediately after drop off.
Standard Operating Procedures at Brunei International Airport (BIA)
In reference to an Information Notice released by the Department of Civil Aviation, Ministry of Transport and Info-communications, the public and all passengers are to adhere to the rules, procedures and preventive measures at Brunei International Airport (BIA).
- Members of the public are allowed to send individuals who will be travelling out of the country in accordance to the capacity limit of BIA departure hall which is currently at 75% of the capacity limit or a maximum of 300 people.
- Members of the public are strictly not allowed to pick up or greet passengers upon arrival until further notice.
- Members of the public and all passengers are required to scan QR code using the BruHealth prior to entering the BIA. Only individuals with Green and Yellow colour code will be allowed to enter the BIA Terminal Building.
- Members of the public who have not completed their vaccinations are required to show a negative Antigen Rapid Test (ART) screening test result from an accredited ART Centre, for which the test result confirmation period is valid for a period of two (2) days from the date it is taken before entering the BIA Terminal Building.
- All passengers are required to show valid travel documentation prior to entering the BIA Terminal Building.
- Members of public and passengers are required to wear face masks at all times and advised to practice physical distancing and personal hygiene at all times such as washing hands regularly or using hand sanitizer.
- Temperature check are required prior to entering the premise and individuals who are not feeling well are advised not to enter building.
- Restaurants, cafes and shops in the BIA Terminal Building are limited to 75% capacity according to the area of their respective premises.
Early Check-In at Brunei International Airport
Early Check-In and baggage drop at Brunei International Airport are available for all guests travelling on RB flights a day before departure from 1200hrs to 1430hrs.
Due to the high number of guests and to ensure all guests maintain social and physical distancing, the following early check-in time slots are available for guests departing to London.
- For flight BI003 departing 3 January 2022, advance check-in is available on 2 January 2022 from 1130 to 1530hrs
Check-In Counters on the day of travel for flight BI003 will be open 4 hours before scheduled departure.
Airport Check-In Counters
As part of our temporary measures, effective 1 April 2020, our check-in counters at Changi International Airport (SIN), Hong Kong International Airport (HKG) and Ninoy Aquino International Airport (MNL) will be available 2 hours before scheduled departure. In-town check-in service in Hong Kong will be temporarily suspended.
Temporary Relocation to T1 Singapore Changi Airport
In light of the temporary suspension of Terminal 2 (T2), Royal Brunei Airlines operations at Singapore Changi Airport will relocate to Terminal 1 (T1) effective 17 April 2020 until further notice.
At T1, RB Check-in counter can be found at Row 14 Counter 8-12. For Business Class guests, Gold and Silver Elite members, the check-in counter is located at Row 14 Counter 11. Business Class lounge facilities available at Plaza Premium Lounge located at Level 3, Departure/Transit Lounge West, Terminal 1.
Relocation to T3 at London Heathrow
Effective 1 September 2021, RB operations at London Heathrow are relocated to Terminal 3 until further notice.
RB check-in counters are located at Terminal 3, Zone B, Counters B12 to B17. Guests can refer to the flight information display screen (FIDS) for check-in information upon arrival at the airport. Guests are encouraged to arrive at least 4 hours before scheduled departure to allow sufficient time for check-in and security screening as longer queues are expected during this period. Check-in counters closes 75 minutes before scheduled departure.