Singapore introduces Vaccinated Travel Lane (VTL)
19 August 2021, 6:04 PM
Effective 8 September 2021, RB will operate 2x weekly flights to Singapore under the new Vaccinated Travel Lane (VTL) policy. Travellers who are fully vaccinated with approved vaccines recognised by the World Health Organisation (WHO) and have remained in Brunei Darussalam in the last 21 days will be allowed to travel from Brunei Darussalam to Singapore without quarantine upon arrival in Singapore.
Guests who travel via the Vaccinated Travel Lane (VTL) from Brunei to Singapore are required to:
- Obtain Exit Approval from the Prime Ministers’ Office (PMO) through the Travel Portal.
- Be fully vaccinated. This means you must have received two (2) doses of approved COVID-19 vaccine and depart at least 14 days after receiving your second dose.
- Provide evidence of a negative Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) test result for COVID-19 test at least 48-hours before departure.
- Undergo Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) test for COVID-19 upon arrival at Changi International Airport and self-isolate in your declared accommodation until you receive a negative test result.
- Undergo Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) test for COVID-19 on Day 3 and Day 7 post-arrival at designated clinics in Singapore.
- Meet other requirements of the VTL that can be found at https://safetravel.ica.gov.sg/.
Singapore Citizens, Permanent Residents and Diplomats do not need to apply for a Vaccinated Travel Pass (VTP) to travel to Singapore under the Vaccinated Travel Lane (VTL), as they can return to Singapore without the need for entry approval. However, Singapore Citizens and Permanent Residents are still required to adhere to the Vaccinated Travel Lane (VTL) requirements.
Please be advised that without the appropriate supporting documents and explicit approval from the Prime Minister’s Office, citizens and residents of Brunei will not be permitted to check-in or fly from Brunei International Airport. It is our guests’ responsibility to ensure that they meet the criteria and have all appropriate approvals and documentation. Without this, in line with international air transport regulations, RB is not permitted to allow guests to travel.
Guests who have obtained Exit Approval from the Prime Ministers’ Office (PMO) to travel on the Vaccinated Travel Lane (VTL) are reminded to adhere to the strict health protocols of Singapore.
In addition, applications for the Air Travel Pass (ATP) for short-term visitors travelling from Brunei Darussalam to Singapore is suspended with immediate effect. This will be replaced with Vaccinated Travel Pass (VTP) in which application is open from 1 September 2021 for entry into Singapore from 8 September 2021.